Motorola Mobility Empowers the History of Modern TV and Internet Services at Jornadas Internacionales 2012
Sept. 27, 2012
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - September 27, 2012 - At the XXII Edition of Jornadas Internacionales 2012, Motorola Mobility will be showcasing how it is driving the future of television with home solutions designed to support the network evolution, create unique experiences, optimize service management and expand the home ecosystem. Some of the demonstrations by Motorola will include the 'TV Beyond TV' concept with software developments such as DreamGallery from the Motorola Medios suite and optimization of Motorola's ecosystem of renowned set-top-boxes.
"This year, we continue strengthening our leadership with Latin American operators and also bringing participants the latest in TV innovations, including next-generation user experiences, with CMTS infrastructure solutions for high-speed Internet access in DOCSIS 3.0 with IPv6 support, and the latest in Digital Video and HFC solutions", said Luciano Lazzari, Sales Manager, Home Division, Motorola Mobility. "The way of watching television anywhere and anytime has evolved and users now enjoy and discover new experiences through a wide range of devices, both at home and on the go. These services can create a market differentiator for cable companies to increase the level of loyalty within their subscriber base.”
Multi-Screen: Beyond the TV
The Internet is changing the way we watch television. Television is no longer a one-way activity, but an interactive, community-driven experience. And this experience has expanded far beyond the television set. A recent Motorola study1 has discovered that more than 69% of people watch TV in a device different from traditional TV. This gives an intelligent and efficient way to enjoy a personalized TV experience through your smartphone, PC or tablet
- DreamGallery from Motorola – DreamGallery is the cloud-based video navigation software that helps create a modern user interface to explore and discover sports, movies and your favorite shows on the TV screen. The user will experience next-generation TV that’s as personalized, dynamic and rich as the Internet.
Now, service providers can offer an on-screen interface that can be customized to each subscriber and be easily updated on-the-fly to include new services, features and applications. DreamGallery allows these providers to deliver the first consistent TV Everywhere experience across multiple screens, as the HTLM5-based DreamGallery can be used on different platforms such as Android, Microsoft Windows, and Apple iOS via a browser.
- SecureMedia® - Winner of the 2012 IP&TV Industry Award for "Best Rights and Asset Management Solution" Video Content Protection and 2012 InfoVision Award for "Asia Broadband Innovation of the Year". Service providers face a matrix of different adaptive streaming formats, security technologies and video playback applications to reach a wider range of consumer devices. SecureMedia® Advanced Content Protection ensures that secure media is sent only to the devices for which it is intended to which has become much more challenging in the open and multi-screen world.
Motorola’s SecureMedia Encryptonite ONE™ HLS+ streamlines the entire content processing and delivery process for multi-screen applications – while ensuring the protection of digital rights and the security of the content streams. This robust system complies with the latest Hollywood studio secure-delivery specifications for multi-screen applications.
Optimization of encoded content delivery
Motorola continues to expand its industry-leading portfolio of set-top boxes with all-digital services.
- DCX3210- The DCX3210 is a hybrid set-top that supports consumers' growing demand for high definition with advanced broadband applications. DCX3210 features an embedded a D2.0 modem for access to IP applications and remote management, and is capable of cost-effectively decoding MPEG-4 high definition video.
- DCX3510-M – is an advanced hybrid Set Top with recording capacity. It features an embedded D2.0 modem for IP-based interactive services, a Digital Video Recorder with dual 1 GHz digital video tuners and support for both MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 HD decode. The DCX3510-M includes the latest audio and video output, with support for full 1080p60 high-definition output, HDMI, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Volume intelligent multi-channel audio leveling. In addition, the DCX3510-M features an internal 500 GB hard drive, which can be expanded to 1 TB or more using an external disk drive connected to the set-top’s eSATA interface.
The DCX3510-M supports Motorola’s latest software enhancements for processing 3D video and graphics in the set-top prior to being delivered to a 3D-compatible television for an exceptional high-quality 3D TV viewing experience.
- HD-DTA - The Motorola High Definition Digital Terminal Adapter (HD-DTA) is a small, cost-effective device that helps service providers deliver HD content to their basic subscribers. It is a one-way device that converts an operator’s digital signal for subscribers to view HD content with a cost-effective set-top box.
The Motorola HD-DTA is a small, sleek set-top that delivers HD content to additional outlets in the house cost effectively. It includes a 1GHz, all-digital tuner, HDMI and RF outputs and a Radio Frequency for Consumer Electronics (RF4CE) remote-control interface. The RF4CE remote enables control of the HD-DTA from anywhere in the room without line of sight to the device.
With all of these solutions of convergent experiences, Motorola Mobility shows how cable operators can capitalize their investment thanks to the convergence of the wireless technology, multimedia applications, and Internet; supporting them to generate opportunities with their subscribers in Latin America.
Please, for more information visit us our Booth (#26 - Hilton Hotel, Macacha Güemes 351, Buenos Aires, Argentina) at Jornadas Internacionales 2012.
Media Contacts (for media and analysts only):
1 Motorola’s Media Engagement Barometer is a research project looking into the video consumption habits of 9,000 consumers across 16 markets: UK, France, Germany, Sweden, Russia, Turkey, USA, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Australia, South Korea, Singapore, Japan and China. The research was conducted on behalf of Motorola by independent agency, Vanson Bourne.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners. © 2012 Motorola Mobility LLC. All rights reserved.