Motorola CLIQ™ with MOTOBLUR™ Fact Sheet
Smart Gets Social
Sept. 10, 2009
Motorola CLIQ™ with MOTOBLUR™: Smart Gets Social
Introducing Motorola CLIQ™ with MOTOBLUR™, the first phone with social skills. CLIQ is a full touch QWERTY slider, and the first device to feature MOTOBLUR. Developed by Motorola, MOTOBLUR is the first and only solution to sync contacts, posts, messages, photos and much more—from sources like Facebook®, MySpace, Twitter, Gmail™, work and personal e-mail, and LastFM—and automatically deliver it to the home screen1.
Custom Home Screen with Live Widgets
Use customizable widgets on CLIQ’s home screen to clearly see live streams of your favorite content, such as conversation threads, friend updates, stories, links, photos and more1:
- Happenings1: keep all your social site updates current and ready for immediate response.
- Messaging1: gives a snapshot of emails, social site messages and texts – in one spot - with the added ability to respond any way you want regardless of how it was sent.
- News Feeds1: streamlines online feeds for easy browsing and reading.
- Social Status1: lets you blast updates to all social networks or craft unique updates for each.
Universal Contact List
MOTOBLUR updates your contacts in real time and threads their info throughout the device, so it’s easy to keep up with who you know1:
- Automatic Syncing1: Once activated, MOTOBLUR handles all the updates and syncing of your contacts – from personal and work email and social network accounts.
- Real Time Updates1: When your contacts change their photos, status and contact details, it’s automatically updated on the device.
- Context for Contacts1: When making or receiving a phone call, your friend’s latest profile picture and status is shown on the screen.
- Universal View1: In Contacts view, you can easily scan your history of exchanges with friends, family and co- workers, and instantly communicate with them any way you choose.
Backed Up and Secure
MOTOBLUR is easy to set up and keeps your info safe and secure.
- All Backed Up1: Contacts, log-in information, email and social network messages are kept saved on a secure server.
- Remote Wipe: CLIQ is easy to find when it’s lost with integrated A-GPS, and owners can even wipe the data if the device is stolen.
- Easy Upgrade1: When you get your next MOTOBLUR phone, all you need to do is enter your account username and password and you’ll be up and running.
Apps for the Masses
Mix and match thousands of apps and widgets from MOTOBLUR, Android MarketTM and GoogleTM mobile services pre-loads so CLIQ gets more and more in sync with your life1.
- Personalized Home Screen: If you want more news feeds, shortcuts, or a different message view, the live widgets can be constantly revised and rearranged for the ultimate personal touch on the home screen.
- Google™ Mobile Services: With popular pre-loaded Google mobile servicesTM such as GoogleTM Maps with Street View, YouTube™ and GTalk to create custom home screens that fit anyone’s multi-faceted life. '
- App Access1: Android Market provides an app for every need to create custom home screens that fit your multi-faceted life.
So Much More
CLIQ enhances its richly integrated social experience with premium messaging and multimedia features.
- Quick Messaging1: Full touch, high-res display and slide out QWERTY for fast messaging
- High Speeds1: Full HTML browser, 3G and Wi Fi
- Fun Extras: 5 megapixel camera, Instant Video playback in DVD quality
- Music Options1: 3.5 mm headset jack with pre-loaded Amazon MP3 store and IMeem
- Great Sound: Dual microphones and noise cancellation technology
Motorola CLIQ™ with MOTOBLUR™
Talk and Standby Time for GSM4
360 minutes/6 hours of continuous talk time, and standby of 325 hours/13.5 days
QWERTY side Slider, Full Touch
WCDMA 900/1700/2100, GSM 850/900/1800/1900, HSDPA 7.2 Mbps (Category 7/8), EDGE Class 12, GPRS Class 12, GPS
163.00 g; 5.7 oz
58 x 114 x 15.6 mm; 2.28 x 4.49 x 0.61 in
Android HTML Webkit
POP3/IMAP embedded (including Macmail, Gmail, Yahoo!, MSN and AOL1), Push Email
Bluetooth3 1.5, 3.5mm, USB 2.0 HS, Over the Air Sync (OTA); Wi Fi
320 x 480 pixels (w x h), 187 DPI
MMS, SMS, Email (POP3/IMAP embedded, Push Email) IM (Embedded) Open Source
AAC, AAC+, AAC+ Enhanced, AMR NB, MIDI, MP3, WAV
Playback - H.264, H.263, MPEG at 24fps at HVGA resolution; Capture - H.263, MPEG at 24fps at HVGA resolution
5 megapixel, auto-focus
Removable 2GB MicroSD card (included); Supports 32GB MicroSD (optional)
Integrated 5-way navigation, GPS, Turn by Turn directions, Google Maps with Street View , E-Compass
~103.15 cc; 6.32 inches
Internal / Antenna diversity (2 antennas to enhance reception)
MOTOBLUR aggregates Facebook, MySpace, Twitter and Gmail, and syncs your work contacts, email and calendar
Motorola CLIQ with MOTOBLUR will be available in Q4 2009. For more information regarding pricing and product availability in your region, please contact your local Motorola representative. To experience Motorola CLIQ with MOTOBLUR, please visit www.motorola.com/motoblur.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office. The MOTOBLUR Logo is a trademark of Motorola. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used by Motorola, Inc. under license. Android, Gmail, Google Calendar, Android Market, Google, Google Maps, and YouTube are trademarks of Google Inc Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc. All other trademark and product or service names are the property of their respective owners. © Motorola, Inc. 2009. All rights reserved.
1Network and/or SIM card dependent feature, not available in all areas. Airtime, data charges and/or additional charges may apply. Wireless email functionality requires an email account with wireless server capabilities.
2 The unauthorized copying of copyrighted materials is contrary to the provisions of the Copyright Laws of the United States and other countries. This device is intended solely for copying non-copyrighted materials, materials in which you own the copyright, or materials which you are authorized or legally permitted to copy. If you are uncertain about your right to copy any material, please contact your legal advisor.
3 This device supports Bluetooth A2DP, HSP, HFP profiles. In order for Bluetooth devices to communicate with one another, they must utilize the same Bluetooth profile. To determine the profiles supported by other Motorola devices, visit www.motorola.com/bluetooth. For other devices, contact their respective manufacturer.
Certain Bluetooth features including those listed may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices, or by certain wireless carriers. Contact your wireless carrier about feature availability and functionality.
4 All talk and standby times are quoted in Digital Mode, and are approximate. Battery performance depends on network configuration, signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, and voice, data and other application usage patterns.