DROID by Motorola Fact Sheet
A no-compromise supergenius
Oct. 28, 2009
Introducing DROID by Motorola, a Smartphone powered by Android 2.0 developed in partnership with Google and Verizon Wireless, the nation’s largest 3G network. DROID delivers high-speed Web, voice-activated search, a super large touch screen and thousands of customizable apps and widgets from Android Market™. With the thinnest full QWERTY slider available on the market, it’s a no-compromise supergenius in your pocket, multitasking at break-neck pace to get things done.
High-Speed Mobile Browsing
- See the Web at break-neck speed on the largest high-resolution display with a Flash 10 ready HTML browser.
- Look up favorite sites, video and music fast with a high-speed, cortex A8 processor and lightning-fast connection.
- View it all on the 3.7” display with more than 400,000 total pixels, which is twice that of the leading competitor.
- Work faster on the Web with double tap to zoom in and out.
Google Searches Beyond the Web
- Type your search to deliver results such as contacts and music offering a complete search experience on a mobile device.
- Use voice-activated search to serve up both your contacts and Google search results, based on your location.
- Find your way with free spoken turn-by-turn directions with Google MapsTM Navigation (Beta), with Street View and LatitudeTM. View geographic information, such as My Maps, Wikipedia entries and transit lines, right on the map.
Customize Your DROID
- Access thousands of applications and hundreds of widgets from Android MarketTM.
- Customize your home screen with preloads like Facebook™ and Google MapsTM or download1 applications for music, news, sports and games.2
- Toggle back and forth between up to six applications at a time.
- Integrate work (Exchange) and personal (GmailTM) e-mails into one inbox with emails pushed directly to you. Plus, undo common operations in GmailTM for fast corrections.
- Find your contacts using a universal list that pulls in work, personal and Facebook™ contacts
- Slide out the full QWERTY keyboard to comfortably text, IM and e-mail1
- Have your work calendar right at your fingertips at all times
Additional Bells and Whistles
- DVD quality video recorder features quick and easy playback plus optimized YouTubeTM uploading for sharing with friends.2
- 5 megapixel camera loaded with the works like dual-LED flash, AutoFocus, and image stabilization
- Features 16GB of storage space (or upgrade to 32).
- Stereo Bluetooth® gives you the option of wireless connectivity3. Or if you prefer traditional, headphones utilize the 3.5mm headset jack.
- Easily copy text and URLs to simply paste them into an e-mail, text or status update1 or copy images off the Web directly to your gallery.
- Use the multimedia station5 to transform DROID into an alarm clock, movie player or digital picture frame.
- Place DROID in the car mount5 to instantly launch a full-blown GPS navigation device.
DROID by Motorola with Google™
Talk and Standby Time4
TT: 385 mins/6.4 hours
SB: 270 hours/11.25 days
Capacitive Touch; Full Qwerty Side Slider
800/1900, CDMA EVDO rev A
169 g / 6 oz
60.00 (x) x 115.80 (y) x 13.70 (z) mm
2.4 (x) x 4.6 (y) x 0.5 (z) inches
Webkit HTML5 based browser; Flash 10 ready
GmailTM, Exchange, IMAP, POP, Macmail, GmailTM, MSN Hotmail, Yahoo and AOL®
Bluetooth® v2.1+EDR, 3.5mm Headset jack, USB 2.0 HS
3.7”, 480x854 WVGA
WVGA display houses 400,000 pixels
SMS/MMS, Full HTML5 Browser
AMR-NB/WB, MP3, WAV, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA
Advanced Video record/playback at D1 resolution (720x480) with up to 24fps capture and 30fps playback, MPEG-4, H.263, H.264
5.0 megapixel, AutoFocus, dual LED Flash and image stablization
16GB card included in phone, Up to 32GB microSD expandable
802.11b/g, 3-axis accelerometer
DROID by Motorola with Google™ will be available in Q4 2009. For more information regarding pricing and product availability in your region, please contact your local Motorola representative. To experience DROID, please click here.
DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. and its related companies. Used under license.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used by Motorola, Inc. under license. Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc. Google, YouTube, Picasa, Gmail, Google Earth, Gmail, Google Maps, Google Talk, Android, and Android Market are trademarks of Google, Inc. All other trademark and product or service names are the property of their respective owners. © 2009 Motorola, Inc. All rights reserved.
1Certain features, services and applications are network dependent and may not be available in all areas; additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply. Contact your service provider for details
2 The unauthorized copying of copyrighted materials is contrary to the provisions of the Copyright Laws of the United States and other countries. This device is intended solely for copying non-copyrighted materials, materials in which you own the copyright, or materials which you are authorized or legally permitted to copy. If you are uncertain about your right to copy any material, please contact your legal advisor.
3 This device supports Bluetooth A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, HFP, PBAP, OPP profiles. In order for Bluetooth devices to communicate with one another, they must utilize the same Bluetooth profile. To determine the profiles supported by other Motorola devices, visit www.motorola.com/bluetooth. For other devices, contact their respective manufacturer.
Certain Bluetooth features including those listed may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices, or by certain wireless carriers. Contact your wireless carrier about feature availability and functionality.
4 All talk and standby times are quoted in Digital Mode, and are approximate. Battery performance depends on network configuration, signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, and voice, data and other application usage patterns.
5 Accessory sold separately