MILESTONE by Motorola Fact Sheet
A no-compromise supergenius
Dec. 03, 2009
Introducing MILESTONE™ by Motorola, a Smartphone powered by Android 2.0 and developed in partnership with Google. MILESTONE delivers high-speed Web, voice-activated search, a super large touch screen and thousands of customizable apps and widgets from Android Market™.
The thinnest, full QWERTY slider on the market, MILESTONE is a no-compromise, supergenius in your pocket, multitasking at break-neck pace.
High-Speed Mobile Browsing
- See the Web at break-neck speed on the largest high-resolution display with a Flash 10 ready HTML browser.
- Look up favourite sites, video and music fast with a high-speed, cortex A8 processor and lightning-fast connection.
- View it all on the 3.7” display with more than 400,000 total pixels, which is twice that of the leading competitor.
- Work faster on the Web with multi-touch pinch & zoom, and double tap to zoom in and out.
Google Searches Beyond the Web
- Type your search to deliver results such as contacts and music offering a complete search experience on a mobile device.
- Use search to serve up both your contacts and Google™ search results, based on your location.
- Find your way with MOTONAV* turn-by-turn navigation, Google Maps™ with Latitude™.
Customise Your MILESTONE
- Access thousands of applications and hundreds of widgets from Android Market™.
- Customise your home screen with Facebook™ and Google Maps™ or download1 applications for music, news, sports and games.2
- Toggle back and forth between up to six applications at a time.
- Integrate work (Exchange) and personal (Google Mail™) e-mails into one inbox with emails pushed directly to you. Plus, undo common operations in Google Mail for fast corrections.
- Find your contacts using a universal list that pulls in work, personal and Facebook™ contacts.
- Slide out the full QWERTY keyboard to comfortably text, IM and e-mail1.
- Have your work calendar right at your fingertips at all times.
Additional Bells and Whistles
- DVD quality video recorder features quick and easy playback plus optimised YouTube™ uploading for sharing with friends.2
- 5 megapixel camera loaded with the works like dual-LED flash, AutoFocus, and image stabilization.
- Features 8GB of storage space (or upgrade to 32).
- Stereo Bluetooth® gives you the option of wireless connectivity3. Or if you prefer traditional, headphones utilise the 3.5mm headset jack.
- Easily copy text and URLs to simply paste them into an e-mail, text or status update1 or copy images off the Web directly to your gallery.
- Use the multimedia station5 to transform MILESTONE into a clock, movie player or digital picture frame.
- Place MILESTONE in the car mount5 to instantly launch a full-blown GPS navigation device.
Talk and Standby Time for GSM4
Standby: Up to 350 hours
Talk Time: Up to 390 minutes
Multi-touch, world’s thinnest QWERTY slider
WCDMA 900/2100, GSM 850/900/1800/1900, HSDPA 10.2 Mbps (Category 9/10), GPRS Class 12, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
Android 2.0 / Eclair
165 g / 6 oz
60.0 (x) x 115.8 (y) x 13.7 (z) mm
2.4 (x) x 4.6 (y) x .5 (z) inches
Webkit HTML5 browser, Flash 10 ready
IMAP/POP3/Google Mail and Exchange
Bluetooth® v2.1 + EDR2, 3.5mm Headset jack, USB 2.0 HS,
3.7”, 480x854 WVGA
265 DPI and more than 400,000 pixels
AMR-NB/WB, MP3, WAV, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA
Capture/Playback/Streaming D1 / DVD quality at 24 FPS, MPEG-4, H.263, H.264, WMV
5.0 megapixel, auto focus, dual LED Flash
8GB microSD card included in phone, Up to 32GB microSD expandable
802.11b/g, 3-axis accelerometer
Motorola MILESTONE will be available in Q4 2009. For more information regarding pricing and product availability in your region, please contact your local Motorola representative. To experience Motorola MILESTONE, please visit www.motorola.com/milestone.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office. © 2009 Motorola, Inc. All rights reserved. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used by Motorola, Inc. under license. Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc. Google, YouTube, Google Mail, Google Maps, Google Talk. Android, and Android Market are trademarks of Google, Inc. All other trademark and product or service names are the property of their respective owners.
1Certain features, services and applications are network dependent and may not be available in all areas; additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply. Contact your service provider for details
2 The unauthorized copying of copyrighted materials is contrary to the provisions of the Copyright Laws of the United States and other countries. This device is intended solely for copying non-copyrighted materials, materials in which you own the copyright, or materials which you are authorized or legally permitted to copy.
If you are uncertain about your right to copy any material, please contact your legal advisor.
3 This device supports Bluetooth A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, HFP, PBAP, OPP profiles. In order for Bluetooth devices to communicate with one another, they must utilize the same Bluetooth profile. To determine the profiles supported by other Motorola devices, visit www.motorola.com/bluetoothconnect. For other devices, contact their respective manufacturer. Certain Bluetooth features including those listed may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices, or by certain wireless carriers. Contact your wireless carrier about feature availability and functionality.
4 All talk and standby times are quoted in Digital Mode, and are approximate. Battery performance depends on network configuration, signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, and voice, data and other application usage patterns.
5 Accessory sold separately
* 60 day trial version. Further use subject to licence fee. Terms and conditions apply. See www.motorola.com/motoextras/mobile for further information. Carrier dependant feature.