Motorola Mobility and Iusacell Announce Availability of Motorola PRO™ in Mexico
Mexico is the first country in Latin America to launch Motorola PRO™, the first Android™-based smartphone optimized for business use
July 07, 2011
MEXICO CITY – July 7, 2011 – Motorola PRO™, the first Android™-based smartphone optimized for business use is now available in Motorola Mobility de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. and Iusacell announce the arrival of Motorola PRO, a productivity powerhouse with a super-fast processor and physical QWERTY keyboard for more efficient typing and texting. Delivering the speed, convenience, security and productivity tools that consumers and businesses alike require, the device meets critical corporate connectivity and security requirements, ensuring sensitive business information remains confidential. Motorola PRO will be available in Mexico in early July.
Motorola PRO is packed with features that meet users’ productivity needs, such as pre-loaded Quickoffice Mobile Suite for accessing and editing Microsoft Office documents on-the-go, 3G Mobile HotSpot capabilities for connecting laptops to the Web and access to corporate email and calendar synching. Motorola PRO is also a global-ready Android smartphone, enabling wireless voice service in more than 220 countries and data coverage in more than 200 countries, ensuring users stay on top of business as they travel around the world.
“Motorola PRO has the ideal combination of productivity tools and security features that businesses require, plus the flexibility and customization options users look for when purchasing mobile devices for their personal use,” said Marco Dominguez, general manager of Enterprise Markets for Iusacell. “Offering Motorola PRO to our customers is a testament to our commitment to providing the smartest Android technology available on the market today.”
“Motorola PRO is an advanced business-ready solution that provides users with the full Android smartphone experience,” said Jose Luis de la Vega, marketing director, Motorola Mobility. “The device consolidates users’ work and personal needs. This is just another reason Motorola PRO is setting a new standard for enterprises by allowing users to enjoy all the benefits of a smartphone with full push delivery of corporate e-mail and corporate level security.”
Key features and specifications:
- Support for both Exchange email and Gmail™ for business
- Corporate directory look-up, unified calendar for Enterprise and sync with Google Calendar™
- PC-like browsing with Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 on a full, multi-touch, 3.1” brilliant display built on Android 2.2
- View, edit and share documents, including Microsoft Excel® spreadsheets, PowerPoint® presentations and Word® documents
- Built-in security features, including AuthenTec IPSec multi-headed VPN integration, remote wipe of device and SD card, and complex password support. Device and SD card.
- 3G Mobile HotSpot capabilities – allows customers to connect up to five other Wi-Fi-enabled devices and laptops
- Live widgets that stream email messages to the home screen; users can filter the widgets to separate work and home email
- 5MP camera with auto focus and dual LED flash as well as DVD-quality video
- 3G diversity antennae provides customers with enhanced data speeds and range
- Wi-Fi-enabled DNLA connectivity
- Android Market™ – provides users with access to more than 200,000 personal and business applications
Pricing and Availability
Motorola PRO is available from Iusacell starting July for free with the purchase of a Business Elite 700 plan.
About Iusacell Group
Iusacell Group is Mexico’s first mobile telephony company to offer third-generation 3G CDMA EVDO technology, enabling users to access a wide range of multimedia applications and services, thus turning the cell phone into an efficient device for transmitting data, voice, and value-added services. Thanks to said technology platform and Mobile Broadband (BAM in Spanish), Iusacell Group is also the first company to enable wireless connectivity in Mexico, making user’s mobility fully compatible with high-speed services.
Media Contacts (for media and analysts only):
*Certain features, services and applications are network dependent and may not be available in all areas; additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply. Contact your service provider for details.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. Android Market, Android, Google, Gmail, Google Calendar are trademarks of Google Inc. Bluetooth is a trademark owned by its proprietor and used under license. © 2011 Motorola Mobility, Inc.