Motorola Mobility Brings Powerful Motorola PHOTON WiMAX Smartphone to Japan
Sept. 26, 2011
TOKYO – Sept. 26, 2011 – Motorola phones return to Japan in style with today’s launch of the Motorola PHOTON™, an Android™ 2.3-powered WiMAX smartphone from Motorola Mobility Japan, Inc. and offered through KDDI. Giving you a powerful balance of speed, power, and versatility when you are on-the-go, Motorola PHOTON is the perfect companion whether you are working or playing, giving Motorola fans and all smartphone enthusiasts in Japan something to celebrate.
Motorola PHOTON delivers power when you need it with a dual-core processor, 1GB of powerful PC-grade RAM, and the speed of KDDI’s WiMAX network, letting you browse, download and multitask all at maximum speed. Rounding out these spectacular hardware specs are a 4.3” qHD touch display, an 8MP camera, and 16GB of onboard memory that can be expanded to a total of 48GB. Fast and simple WiMAX tethering turns the Motorola PHOTON instantly into a Wi-Fi hotspot that can host up to eight devices simultaneously, including laptop PCs and tablets.
The power of webtop
Motorola PHOTON doesn’t stop there: Motorola’s revolutionary webtop application instantly transforms your Motorola PHOTON into something far beyond the average smartphone. Just connect your Motorola PHOTON to our one-of-a-kind Motorola HD Station multi-media dock and webtop turns your Motorola PHOTON into a personal media hub or a powerful work center.
Browse your favourite websites with a full Firefox desktop browser. Send instant messages, run your Android applications, surf the web, access social networks and cloud services, and make phone calls, all at the same time on a full-sized screen. Adobe® Flash® Player support opens up all the rich graphics, animations and videos delivered on websites. And with webtop, Motorola PHOTON converts back to a phone in a flash: remove your device from the dock during a call and the call continues uninterrupted. And when it is time to sit back and enjoy videos, music, and photos, the Motorola PHOTON’s Entertainment Center lets you enjoy it all on the big screen in your living room.
The Motorola HD Station has three USB ports and an HDMI port, letting you connect a keyboard, mouse, speakers and an HDMI-compatible monitor for working at your desk or office, or to an HDMI-compatible television and home theatre audio system for surfing the web and enjoying video, music, games and more.
For availability information contact KDDI or visit their website at www.au.kddi.com.
Motorola PHOTON Accessories:
The following accessories will be available from national retail stores in Japan, and will be announced on the Motorola Japan website (http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/JP-JA/Home) at a later date with availability and price information.
- HD Station including Bluetooth Remote & HDMI cable
- Headsets and headphones (not limited to Motorola PHOTON use): Already available through national retail stores and amazon.co.jp
- Chargers and adapters (not limited to Motorola PHOTON use)
For more information and a full list of Motorola PHOTON features, visit www.motorola.com/Consumers/JP-JA/Home
Motorola PHOTON Key Features:
- WiMAX tethering capability, supporting up to eight devices
- Dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor and 1GB of RAM
- Large 4.3” touch screen with qHD (Quarter High Definition) display
- Dual cameras – 8 megapixel, dual-LED flash camera with front-facing webcam to capture store photos and videos directly on the device and a VGA front-facing camera for video chat
- 16GB of onboard memory, support for up to a 32GB SD Card, for a total of up to 48GB
- Ability to utilize the webtop application while connected to a Motorola accessory dock (sold separately) to open, view, edit and send Microsoft Office documents using cloud-based web apps “Quickoffice” through the full Mozilla Firefox browser
- MOTOBLUR lets users stay in touch with friends, providing quick access to social media and email accounts and live widgets directly from the homescreen
Atsuko Hiraide / Yohei Kawakami
Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide, Japan
Office: (81) 3 5793 2372 / 2389
Certain features, services and applications are network dependent and may not be available in all areas; additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply. Contact your service provider for details. All features, functionality and other product specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. Android, Google, and Google Maps are trademarks of Google, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2011 Motorola Mobility, Inc. All rights reserved.